Monday, November 17, 2008

Hello World!

Ok, so I have finally joined the world of blogging! (Peer pressure from my online friends!!)



Welcome to my life! I'm not going to get into the details pre Fertility Clinic days, so lets just start with July 2007:



I decided one day in June to investigate Artificial Insemination - heck I was almost 29 and was no where near close to having a child. The idea of Artificial Insemination (AI or IUI) was not the way I dreamt of having a family, but life never turns out the way one plans it, right?



So after googling a bit and emailing a few Fertility Clinics in Joburg, I found myself heading off to Medfem Clinic.



My first FS there seemed really sweet. I immediately went for a whole batch of blood tests, and my FS suspected endometriosis. A few weeks later I went in for my first Laparoscopy. I was diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis, but luckily my FS managed to remove it all.



Then came the first IUI. What an exciting experience! From selecting the donor, to recieving a trigger shot, to having the IUI done!

And then my first 2ww! I was so excited! If only I knew then that I would have quite a few more of them to follow....

I fell pregnant after my second IUI - which I didnt know. I had a very heavy period, so of course, I never bothered testing. A few weeks later, I went to the loo one morning and out fell a 'blob'. I knew immediately I was miscarrying. I went to the clinic to have a test done, and yup, I miscarried at just over 6 weeks. Merry crappy Christmas to me!

I only went back to TTC'ing in May 2008 - due to work problems. My then FS never sent me for more tests, but jumped straight into another IUI and another negative, followed by another IUI and another negative.

I then decided to change FS (still at Medfem) and he wanted to do another lap, but I wanted to avoid it. So we did another IUI and another negative, and then 1 more IUI and of course, 1 more negative.
After that, my FS forced me into having another lap, which I did in October, and lo and behold, hello stage 3 endo!!! Growths on my ovaries, bladder, and tubes! No wonder I wasnt falling pregnant!

So now what? Well this coming Friday I am going for my day 10 scan, and please Lord, let me have a wonderful follie (or 2) and good lining! Let me get the best Christmas present ever! PLEASE!!!
Let it be my turn!

All I can say is: Thank you to my online buddies on OPM! Without you guys, who knows which mental asylum I would have ended up in!!!

Thats all for now folks!!!

3 comments:

  1. Only a pleasure, love your blog, hope you get the good news soon!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your blog, I feel the emotions and I'm almost in tears. All my love to you and my prayers are with you!!!

    ReplyDelete