Monday, August 31, 2009

Half A Dozen


That's how many follies I have. Well, 6 decent size ones. I must say I am a bit dissapointed. 6 amps of Gonal F, half an amp of Luveris and half an amp of Cetrotide per day, I really was hoping for a few more.

I know that quantity is better than quality...

And my left ovary clearly doesnt want to do its job - only 1 follicle!
I feel as though I have failed myself. I mean, we as women are designed to produce babies. I cant even get that right.

Sorry for the morbid post - it's probably just the meds. Maybe my next scan on Thursday will bring better news.
Crappy birthday to me!

9 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I think 6 are EXCELLENT! Damn, I only had 3!!!!! AND I AM SUPER FERTILE!!! Dammit girl, that really is good. Please dont be sad! :(

    You are not a failure and you will soon be holding your precious precious baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B-day Eve! Sorry if it's late. I suck at remembering birthdays....

    6 sound very good to me! My left ovary is also in retirement, because it didn't stimulate at all last month. But be patient. Amazing thigs can happen within just a few days. Think of it this way - you could very soon have 6 embrios, two to transfer (if you want to transfer 2) and the 4 on ice. I am sure all will go well with the fertilisation, so just be a bit more positive my dear.

    Strangely, I am not very aware of my cycle this month. I think I was obsessed with it last month and this month I feel totally uninvolved with it all.

    Keep the faith, Eve, this is your month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    I'm a total IVF idiot, but I know that it only takes ONE, and you have SIX!

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday!

    Six is GOOD, trust me rather have fewer than Lots. I Stimmed 25 on one of my IVF cycles, and you know what I was left with only 3 that fertilised, at day 3 they started degenerating, so basically USELESS. Oh and lets not talk of the OHSS afterwards... :(

    Less is more in Quality, trust me!
    Hang in there, and tell your body you proud of her! I sure am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have no clue in this but in my mind 6 sounds awesome!!!

    I am holding everything that hangs and dangles for you EVE, this is YOUR time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also a IVF idiot, but 6 sounds good to me Eve!

    I'm holding thumbs for this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shame Eve, aren't we always so critical of ourselves?

    I think 6 sound good. Might be less than what you were hoping for, but at least it is 6 more than 0 ...

    Hoping this is it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shame doll - sorry about the mood - yes I agree it only takes one - keep believing

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWWW I dont now much about all of this Eve but I would think that six is better than one. Good luck girl. I am crossing fingers and toes that this is you month

    ReplyDelete