Monday, September 7, 2009

ER Update

This morning I arrived at Vitalab at 7am. I was so scared! I had been praying the whole weekend that I would get a decent number of follies and of good quality. My friend who took me there was quite supportive, and even tried cracking a couple of jokes just to calm me a bit.
I was the 4th person to have ER done today. The first lady went in and had 11 eggs removed. The second lady had a GIFT procedure done, so I am not sure how many they retrieved and put back. The third lady had 5 eggs removed. I could see she was dissapointed with her results, and of course this gave me heart palpitations.

Anyway, I went in to theatre. Dr G performed my ER. He is a sweet man. They gave me all the gases and injections that was supposed to sedate me, however, I was told that I chatted throughout the procedure! How embarrasing!
Well, the first thing a did after they wheeled me back into the recovery room was look at my hand. And this is what I saw:





And I immediately started thanking God! I was so chuffed to see that I had 10 eggs retrieved! The sneaky little buggers must have been hiding behind the other follies!

SHame, the lday who went in after me seemed to have an unpleasant experience. SHe was wheeled out of theatre crying. Apparently she could feel the whole procedure! She said it was so damn sore. I felt so sorry for her.

So, that is one phase down. The next is to hear how many of them fertilized. Another stressful waiting period. Does it ever end?

6 comments:

  1. Again I will say - 10Eggies is great!!!!!!! Well done!!!
    What the hell, how on earth can they go on if you still feel everthing.....HELL NO!!! They better put me out..I'll scream like a little pig if I feel anything!!!! Oh and LOL for the chatting Eve! At least you did great! So now, I'm waiting to hear some more great news 2morow on how great your eggies are doing!!
    GROW EGGIES GROW, or rather devide cells devide!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liv! Thank goodness I went in before that poor woman! I just hope it was worth it for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame, must have been awful for that poor woman!

    Congrats my friend! A beautiful, even 10!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations hun. That is really awesome news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoop Whoop a perfect 10! Yay... Well done Evie, I am sooooooo proud of you!
    Grow babies Meyer, Grow! Mommy misses you, and she wants you back with her :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sticker! Holding thumbs!

    ReplyDelete