Friday, July 16, 2010

Just Not Getting It Right

Sorry I have been so quiet, things have just been so hectic with Daniel and Joshua!They almost 2 months old. Time really does fly! Ok, not in the moment, but when I look back, I cant believe 8 weeks have already passed!
They have grown so much and I still sometimes cant believe that they are actually mine.

Now for the moaning:
I am struggling to get them into a proper routine. I am trying so hard, but it just doesnt seem to work. Add to that both of them are colicky, and Joshua doesnt sleep! I am tired. I have never been so tired in my life. Sleep deprivation is the worst form of torture, I have decided!
I just dont know what I am doing wrong. I have followed everyone's advice, but still I am not getting it right. People are telling me that they should be in a routine by now, and I ahave spoken to a few twin moms, and all their babies were in a strict routine by this stage, and they were already sleeping longer hours.

I feel so incapable. Why am I battling so much? Will I ever get this motherhood thing right?

4 comments:

  1. Will you ever get this motherhood thing right? YES, the answer is yes!

    Why are you batteling so much?
    1) you are doing this alone (which I admire)
    2) you are TIRED

    You are NOT incapable...you are capable and just plain tired!

    A friend of mine swears by the book "Baby Wise", says it worked for both of her children. Then again, it may just take your boys longer.

    Praying you get some sleep and some HELP...do you have a good support system?

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eve, Eve, Eve - just relax. You're doing the best you can and really, that's all you can ask of yourself.

    Are you able to get a nanny or night nanny now? I felt TONS better when my nanny started (about 8 weeks old) because she'd arrive, I'd hand mine over and go sleep for 4 hours straight some days!

    Go easy on yourself and don't believe what everyone says. Mine weren't in a strict routine - yes, that was the aim but 80% of the time it didn't work. Mine never ever stretched to 4 hour eating until they went on solids!

    It was hell but hopefully since they're so alert and curious, they'll be really clever kids at school :)

    phone me if you need to chat/ moan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls (singletons)only got into a routine around 6 months. I tried to start and end the day at the same time (7am till 7pm) but their day-time sleeping was very unpredictable until then and I'm a control freak so it nearly killed me but you just can't force them. The colic should start to ease soon. It does feel like hell now but it does get better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eve! 1stly of all, yes you are a wonderful mother! It takes some getting used to even when it is just 1 baby!

    Don't fret on the routine, even though I know you still will. I was at the same stage a few months ago and Kaelyn at 6 months is still not in any routine no matter how hard I try! Other than bath and bed time???

    These babies - they have other ideas for us, they really do. They don't usually give us what we want them to! Ever!

    You doing an awesome job even though you dont' think so yet, they will be over the colic and all sooner than you think, as you say looking back time flies, but not in the moment, ... like that!

    Having no sleep isn't easy, but if you can try give yourself somehow just 30min of me time every other day if possible, even if it is putting them in their cots and going outside to sit in the sun for a bit ... even if they cry, it isn't nice to hear, but babies need to cry a little and it won't hurt them and it will help you! Hugs!

    My mantra "This too shall pass"

    ReplyDelete