Friday, April 17, 2009

I am having doubts

About this new clinic, and this isnt a good thing!

Went for blood tests this morning. Now at my previous clinic I would go in at 7am for bloods and at 10am I would phone for results. This place, however, operates differently. I went in at 7am for bloods, most of them will be ready this morning, except for the AMH results. They only run that batch on a Friday, and it was too late to get mine in today( what time do they run them from? 4am? I mean, is it too complicated to squeeze in 1 more?) But now I have to make an appointment with the FS to discuss the results. Ok......
The earliest appointment I can get is..........................

the 12th of MAY. For fucks sake, I muist wait virtually an entire month to get the results?????? I think that is stupid! What if for example my estrogen levels are low and I need to go on meds to improve it. I must wait a whole month now to get told this, and only then start meds. Everything ends up setting me back by a month because of this crap!!!

I seriously want to cry. I am so fucking frustrated!

6 comments:

  1. Sorry Eve! As you know I am not a fan of that place at all. A friend of mine was treated quite badly there, and I sometimes get the idea they overtreat people. Plus they are seriously expensive! Anyway, can you perhaps email the dr at all? Thinking of you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. next week, so I will email him then. I was never too sure about going there, and this situation hasnt helped! And I was treated by the "Amazing Dr V" today. Let me tell you, he is an awful, horrid man who's ego is so far up is ass!! Do not like him at all!

    At least Dr J seems slightly more genuine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend told me she saw a different guy every time, which seems completely wrong to me. Surely one needs to see the dr who knows you?? At least most of the time? Have you considered Gynomed? My lovely dr G is there and he went the extra 10 miles for me. I must tell you, I had 2 IVF's, second one was the twins, and I not once had an AMH or estrogen level or nothing. I am no FS, but it seems to me (based on my little gynae knowledge) that it really makes no difference. You are going to try anyway, right? And one gets extra prog after the ET anyway. I know it is very easy for me seeing as I have gotten of the ttc wagon for good, but I really think some of those tests are just done to line some pockets. As you can see I am very cynical re "that" clinic. I really hope you get some answers next week! Like you say, it is such a shame to waste an entire cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The problem is is that Gynomed is too far from where I work or live. I live in Bedfordview and work in Fourways. No at work knows that I am TTC'ing, so I need to get to work by 8am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shame Eve, you should get service you are paying for. It's unfair to wait so long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was very happy with Kloof Fertility Clinic, in Pretoria. Dr. Hogewind did my IVF. I ll be glad to give you their contact info. Just let me know :)

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete