Thursday, July 9, 2009

Almost Time

It's almost time for my lap. My 3rd lap! Although I know what to expect, I am still quite nervous, and getting more nervous as the time draws nearer.

I am hoping this op wont be to hectic. Last October I had my second lap and it turned into quite a major surgery. Not only had I stage 3 endo (the previous year it was stage 2) but it was stuck to the back of my left ovary. My then FS had to actuallu unattch my ovary, clean the endo off the ovary and on the uterus wall, and then temporarily stitch my ovary up and after 2 weeks, the stiches would dissolve and the ovary would then fall back into place. I think that procedure was called ovarian sysectmomy (excuse my spelling)

Anyway, so I really hope this one will be less intense!

I am trying to make a list of things I need to buy for after the op, seeing as though I will be stuck in my place alone afterwards.

This is what I have on my list so far:

Pads
Post surgery plaster type stuff
And, well, that's all I can think of right now! I really should know what I need by now!

I was going to post a picture of endometriosis, but it looked a little gross!

2 comments:

  1. And tons and tons of Arnica tabs love, they work like an absolute charm. Start munching them now, you'll be grateful I promise.

    Nix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Eve, never a nice procedure! Remember the peppermints, worked like a charm for me with the "shoulder" pain.

    Thinking of you!

    me

    ReplyDelete