Thursday, July 23, 2009

Look What I Made :)

As most of you know, my work sponsors a home where they look after children that are infected or affected by HIV. There are only 12 children in the home, and they are the sweetest children ever! Their ages range from 3 years - 10 years. Looking after the home falls under my department (which consist of a whole two people.) We throw them birthday parties; we fix up the home and get staff volunteers to assist us with this. We organise fundraisers etc. It's part of our CSI (Corporate Social Initiatives). We also assist with other charities, but this home is our main priority. We want to play a part in these children's lives and make a real difference. We will see them through school as well.

Anyway, most of you also know that I like to knit (laugh later, this is for a good cause!!!!!) So while I have spent the time recovering at home from my lap, I decided to knit each child a scarf. And these are the results:

For the girls:






For the boys:




All packed, labelled and ready to be handed to them:







10 comments:

  1. Such an unselfish thing to do! It's beautiful Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning. You are seriously talented, and what a lovely gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Evie, Can I order one for myself PLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE? Name your price?

    ReplyDelete
  4. its beautiful Eve ... you sure are talented

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also want to order one!'
    Damn girl, they stuning!!!

    JOB WELL DONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies :) I dont mind making you one, but you have to be prepared to wait, as I can only get to the wool place on a Saterday, and this Saterday is out because of the OPM get together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow friend!! THERE'S YOUR BUSINESS...

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Evey, I think you are an amazing woman!!!

    ReplyDelete