Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cold Feet


I dont know if I can do this. I thought I was strong enough to, but now that the time has come, I dont think I can.
I am so very scared. I wish I had someone to share this terrifying experience with me, and tell me that it is going to be ok.
I know my internet buddies will be there for me. I am relying on them heavily. But, I wish I had a husband who would accompany me to the scans; be with me before I go into theatre to retrieve the eggs and transfer them back again. To try keep me sane during the 2ww. And to be there when I recieve the good/bad news.

I dont know if I can do this alone. It is so tiring putting on this damn brave face.

12 comments:

  1. Eve, in no uncertain terms do you need to realize the following : What you are busy with is a LIFE ALTERING experience, and it is Huge.

    It is absolutely normal for you to be scared, and to get cold feet, and start doubting your decision, because in the end, it will change your life forever.

    I would offer to hold your hand and be with you during ER, if it will help :)

    But you need to make the decision whether to go thru with this, or not. And honestly, there is no shame in it if you decide NOT to.

    This is a huge decision! Either way you have our support!

    Love you to bits!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eve,
    I'm really thinking of you, and wish I could be there. Just want to say that I'm 100% sure you can do it, I think you'll be strong enough whatever the outcome. In the end it's all up to you, but I think you've come this far....you'll do just great!
    hugs
    Liv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zeu couldn't have said it better. We are all here for you Evie, no matter what you decide.

    BIG HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. Just had a tense afternoon and everything felt like it was just too much for me. I left work early, and spent the last few hours in tears. Am sad for Dee who got a BFN from her DE cycle. It is so unfair.

    I'm sucking it up and putting my big girl shoes back on.

    Thanks for the offer Zeu. Depending on what day it is, I might very well ask you to come with me to VL, if you dont mind

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could be there for you the day you go in! But I'm here for you always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Eve, I also wish I was there to hold your hand and to help you through. It is a big thing and you are soooo incredibly brave!!!!

    I know it is going to go well and I am here for you ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eve,like Zeu said its HUGE,but you are one of the strongest & bravest women I know!!! and we are with you every step of the way!! BIG HUGS!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eve, Please know that if I were living in Jhb I would have loved to accompany you. I know how terrifying it can be. every time I got bad news from my gynae my husband wasn;t there with me, due to work circumstances and I just felt so alone!!! I think you should take Zue up on her offer, even if it may seem awkward at first to have a "stranger" there, you will be very glad that you did in th end. No one has to go trhough this alone. Please tkae someone with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shew! Eve, no wonder you have (had) cold feet. This is a life changing decision.

    I am so sorry you feel alone going through this!

    Holding thumbs and crossing every part of my being for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're haere and we're with you.

    You are strong enough, and you Do deserve a baby of your own. Never doubt that.

    Here for you at any time.

    Nix

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eve, the offer remains. You are a very brave woman! I will hold your hand, and I will smile with you when you get your ER reports..

    There for you if you need me!
    Love
    D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am also here, Eve, anytime, anywhere! Every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete