
So I waited until a fairly resonable hour to sms Paula and let her know, and off she sends me to a Lancet lab to go do bloods. I go do the bloods (after being grilled as to why a surgeon wants a pregnancy test from a 'so-called' patient) and then the waiting began!
I was going out of my mind! It was such a long day. I even did another hpt to see if the second line was still there!
Anyway, at 6pm Paula phones:
P: Congrats Eve, you are pregnant
Eve: (Giggling) Really? Oh wow! What was the beta?
P: 208!
Eve: What? Oh crap!!!
So the panic set in already = the possibility of twins. I cant afford to look after twins at all! (anyway, that is for another post)
This morning I decide to go do my official test at Vitalab. The sister phones back an hour later, and says: Congrats! You are pregnant! Your beta is 290!
I went back to Vitalab this afternoon for another script for Cyclogest etc and further instrucions. WHile I was waiting for the sister to bring my script, Dr Jacobson walks into the office with a huge grin on his face! He hugged me so tightly and said: Evie my sweetheart! Congratulations! This is excellent news, and I cannot wait to hear your baby's heartbeat! He is so sweet!
My first scan is only on the 12th October! Another wait! Oh, and she says I am roughly 4 weeks pregnant.
So, here I am. Pregnant. And not sure how I am feeling. Is this normal? Because I want to cry out of sheer panic.
My baby is currently the size of a poppyseed:

In week 3, sperm meets egg, and voila: conception! Your little zygote sets off on a six-day trek through your fallopian tubes, dividing and redividing into identical cells as it travels to your uterus.
In week 4, now safe in your womb, the ball of cells (blastocyst) splits in two, becoming the embryo and the placenta. The amniotic sac and fluid are forming around baby, and will act as a cushion for the next eight months.

Congrats my friend!!
ReplyDeleteTake one step at a time!
Am always here for you x x x
I can't even leave you guys for one weekend, then I get this wonderful, stunning news! Evie, this is awesome news! I got shivers, and goosebumps and there was something in my eye, so it became teary ;)
ReplyDeleteSuch wonderful news, so glad you wish came true. Please take care of you baba(s) until we find out exactly how many there are!
Love the update on baba's size!
Oh by the way if you like there is a really cool site with photos & videos of babes in the making....I loved it, bought the DVD (much better than in the Womb promise!)
http://www.ehd.org/
Congratulations once again. We pray for a safe journey for you and baba(S).
Love,
D
That is soooo awesome!!!! Amazing!!! i can imagine the joy and fear you are feeling. Thinking of you all the way!xxx
ReplyDeleteCongrats again my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhoop whoop mama Evie! How awesome! Congrats my friend!!!...
ReplyDeleteCongratulations my friend ! So happy for you :) xxx
ReplyDeleteEvie my friend - I just want to let you know that what you are feeling is so perfectly normal. All women suddenly go through that fear like "What the hell have I done??" I did when I found out I was pregnant with Trent even though I had tried for 5 years to have him. I even told myself I didn't want this but those feelings swing between absolute joy and fear and it will for a few weeks so just embrace your feelings and know that you are going through the normal phases. I think the bigger picture in our subconcious mind is what scares us ... "Where to from now?" "Am I going to be able to pull this off?" "What if I am a bad mommy?" These are 18 years worth of thoughts that you are feeling right now and it can seem very overwhelming but it just shows that you are going to be a very good mommy - Im soooooo sooooo very proud of you girl. Quick question .... how has dad and brother reacted to the news?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Eve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally it's your turn.
ReplyDeleteXOXOXOXOXO
Congratulations...my wife told me your story. This is really awesome :). Soon you will be able to put your photograpic skills to the test even more and shoot photos of your own baby(s) ;-).
ReplyDeleteI hate (no sorry, I love) to say it BUT I TOLD YOU SO!!! Congratualtions Mommy Eve!!!! Don;t woorry yourself about having for Twins! The Lord will provide. They are his children and he will make sure they are taken care of. You will be astounded by His ability to make things possible.
ReplyDeleteHaha bloody Lancet! Who are they to question you?? and to think they took THAT long! Bloody pathologists... oh wait... Anyway alle grappies op 'n stokkie I am SO glad for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much everyone.
ReplyDeleteHope: My dad was like 'oh, ok. Chat later'. And my brother tried to sound supportive, but didnt quite manage it
That's awesome news!!! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteI loved getting your SMS - seriously I am so excited for you. We MUST do coffee soon :)
ReplyDelete