Sunday, September 27, 2009

In Transit



I am not too sure where I currently stand (or sit)on OPM at the moment. I sort of feel as though I am in limbo.
I no longer belong in the TTC category, but I dont quite feel as though I have a right to post in the preggy lounge. I did ask 1 question but still, it doesnt feel right yet.

Also, I have been so used to the infertility journey and have learnt so much about the world of infertility, but I know nothing about the pregnancy journey! I am completely clueless!

My first scan is on the 12th October. Hopefully after that scan I will be ready to cross over.
But for now, I wait with my cup of decaf coffee in the transit lounge!

4 comments:

  1. Evie,

    I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!! Not to make the wait less, just thinking. I couldnt wait so Long so I decided to go on 5w2d for my first scan. YES, i know there is a possibility of not seeing a heartbeat and having to go back th enext week, but i couldnt wait. LUCKILY i saw it. I was very lucky to see it so soon! When is 12 OCT? Isnt that liek 8 weeks already? Seems so far away?! LOL, i am sooo nosey !!!! :-D

    On the preggo thing...it is so funny you said the whole TTC thing,because you will son be a PRO DELUXE in pregnancy and then the baby will be born and you will be like... "Oh shit, what do i do with this thing...?!?!?!" Then you will realizer you read ll teh pregnancy mags, but none of the baby ones!!!

    Good luck babe! With you all the way!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweety, the joys of infertility. What you're feeling is completely normal. Add a touch of guilt, because you really truly feel for the ladies who have not yet conceived, and you have a pot of whirling emotions you just can't seem to get a grip on.

    I think the important thing is to try and let go of your ttc journey, while still being there for those still trying. Allow yourself to feel joy and embrace the fact that you have a baby/ies growing inside you.

    This is what you've wanted for so long, take your decaf and disembark at the preggo lounge. I know 9 months sounds like an eternity, but I promise you, that time flies and before you know it, you'll be back on the caffenated in the Mamma's lounge.

    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think both Marthie and Nikki nailed it!
    Be supportive to other still in TTC, but enjoy this incredible miracle in the making. Too soon will baba(s) be born, and will you wish that you enjoyed it a bit longer. And that of course comes with its own set of hurdles ;)

    Saviour every minute. If you like me and this is your first and last Pregnancy, you sometimes wish you focused more on it, afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh shame Eve - I think of you constantly! Is there any chance of moving your appointment a little earlier? I think I'm getting just as impatient to hear ....1 or 2?

    ReplyDelete