Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Week 12

I went for my first scan with my new gynae yesterday. (Well, not my gynae, but his partner) I was only due to go on Friday, but there was a measles scare at work, so I phoned the gynae and was told to come in for tests. While I was there, his partner decided to scan me. Both babies are doing well. Heartrates both at 167bpm and 58mm and 59.9mm in length. The one baby was very active.

Now this gynae wants me to see Prof Nicolaou for a nucheal fold thingie. SHe also sent me for the down's syndrome blood test. Is it not a bit early to have that test done?

Anyway, here is the fruit of the week:

A plum



As you move into the second trimester, baby shifts into the growth and maturation stage. After weeks in the critical development stage, almost all of baby's systems are fully formed

3 comments:

  1. It's the perfect time, Eve. I also had it done at my 12-week appt.

    Prof Nic is expensive - why do you need to go unless the gynae thinks something is wrong? It was going to be R2000-odd for our babies in May this year but I cancelled - I couldn't see the point if my obgyn had no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly right. I went for mine at 12 weeks 3 days.

    Good Doctors can give you an accurate reading on the sex at that stage too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm.. well this Dr was battling to get the measurements, so that is why she sent me. What do you think I should do? I dont really have the money for this right now. Am seeing my normal gynae on 1st Dec (1st consult with him)

    ReplyDelete