Well, I made it to 36 weeks! Yippee! With the scares I have had, I was seriously convinced that my boys were going to be born at 30 weeks. But they have hung in there, and I am so proud of them!
Having said that, I have been experiencing pain for the last few days. No cramping or contractions,just severe pelvic and groin pain. I must say I have been feeling rather miserable emotionally as well.
Obviously, with the due date approaching, fear has set in big time! I am so scared of the actual birth. I have been thinking about it non stop. I am scared of going into theatre. I am scared of the epidural. I am scared of the feeling of being numb and not having movement in my legs for 20 hours or so. I am scared of feeling the catheter. I am scared of something going wrong during the delivery.
And then after the birth - I am scared that I will not bond with them. I am scared that they will spend weeks and weeks in NICU. I am scared that I will go into a depression. I am scared I wont get any milk. I am scared I am not able to support them the way they deserve to be supported. I am scared that I wont be able to do this
espn fantasy football logo invalid url
4 years ago

Hi Eve,
ReplyDelete36 weeks is definately worthy of a YAY!
Oh my word, it feels like I am listening/looking at myself, back in time, some 17 months ago!
I wish I can tell you that all the fears you currently have with the up and coming birth of your boys are unfounded. But truth is, every single one is valid.
For some Mommies the birth of their baby or babies are the single most important event and highlight of their lives, for others it's a traumatic time having them in NICU, not being able to hold, breastfeed etc.
What I can tell you is that when that day arrives, you will find strength, that you never new existed. And that there is NOTHING you will not be able to overcome.
Just remember that you need not do this alone! You have many caring cyber and real life friends, standing on the sideline cheering you on, and that I am sure that every single one will come to your aid if you need it.
I don't really know you personally, and it is a pity, for I would like to, but if there is anything I can do, I will. And I am only a stranger.
Hang in there, it's a bumpy ride, but it's the scariest, most thrilling ride of your life!
Ditto to everything Zeu said!!! Hang in there Evie, you CAN do this!!! You have come this far, so I know you will make it work.
ReplyDeleteWell done Eve! You are spectacular! We all feel that way, and like Zeu said, you will find the strenght the day the babies come. We are all rooting for you!
ReplyDeletexxx
You are going to be an amazing Mommy Eve, hang in there babes, and Karate kids... just a little longer please boys!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies :)
ReplyDeleteI am thinking of you and checking in regularly to see when the babies have arrived. You will do well, I just know it!!
ReplyDeleteAhhhh! Cant wait for the good news! you are doing AWESOME my friend!!! Well done!
ReplyDeleteShew Eve, I think what you worrying about all of us worried about, it is an exciting but scary time! But I am positive it will work out well for you and your boys and the epidural isn't as bad as it sounds like and you get your legs back after about 5 hours so not too bad! It is good to not be able to move for a bit, promise!
ReplyDeleteI think about you often, even though I am not on line much anymore and if I dont' get to say it later, good luck and I can't wait to meet your little men!