Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dear Mom

Dear Mom,

11 Years ago today you left us. Not because you wanted to, but because God wanted you to be with Him in heaven.
The cancer eventually destroyed all your organs, but your heart stayed strong. Even though the cancer had spread throughout your body and eventually to your brain, you still believed you were going to win this battle. We all did.

Dad visited you the last time on the 18th May, long after my brother and I were asleep. He told you that it was ok for you to go. He would look after us and the three of would be fine. You passed away a couple of hours later, in the early hours of the 19th.

I miss you mom. I miss you so much. I wish our relationship wasnt so volatile, and that we spent more time together. The guilt still eats away at me.

I wish that you were still around to help me through my infertility journey. You would have understood. You were infertile too.
I wish God gave us more time with you.

It's been 11 years, but it feels like you passed away just yesterday. And it doesn't get easier. You just learn to cope better

x x x

6 comments:

  1. Aaaag, skattie, BIIIIIIIG hug for you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Evie, I'm sorry!

    What a nice letter Hugs.

    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big hug!

    You're in my thoughts.

    Nix

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful letter Eve! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you my friend, Big Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww Eve ... I'm so sorry about your mom - she sounds like one special lady.

    Your in my thoughts sweetie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete