Saturday, September 5, 2009

Consistently Decreasing


So, in my previous post I reported that I was a bit down for only seeing 6 follies at my scan. I went for another scan this Thursday and there were 11 decent sized follies!! I was in my element! I walked around with a stupid grin on my face the whole day! Then on Friday I went for another scan, and there were only 8 follies! I was a bit unsettled by this, but thought that some of the follies must have been hiding behind the others, and the FS just couldnt pick them up on the screen.

Well, I went for my final scan this morning, and there were only 6 eggs!! What the fuck is happening?

I dont understand it. How can I go from 11 down to 6 in 5 days? I am not talking about the smaller sized follies, becasue they dont really count anyway. It's the ones that were around 19mm. Where the fuck are they??

This has now got me panicked. What if I rock up for Egg Retrieval on Monday to find I only have 2 follies left?
I cant believe this is happening to me!

5 comments:

  1. Evie! I am sorry you are so upset! All I can say is this, what you are going through is normal for IVF cycles. I was never even told at the scans how many follies I had, so I averted that particular stressor, but in the end I only had 5 eggies. Also remember, some follies contain more than one eggie. I am thinking of you! I am sure it will go well on Monday, and I know people keep on telling you, you only need 1, but it is true. Good luck, my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Eve! Don't give up hope my friend! I'm sure things will be just fine tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DONT GIVE UP!!!!

    You will see!! Thinking of you and knowing everything will go GREAT! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you Evie, I know it will go well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eish Evie, by the time you get my response, it'll be over!

    Thinking of you, You in good hands!
    We only need one to make a baby! Faith like potato's !
    D

    ReplyDelete