Wednesday, March 10, 2010

28 Week Scan

I had my 28 week scan yesterday.
Everything is looking good. Baby A is weighing 1.2kg's and Baby B is weighing 1.1kg. Baby A is STILL lying head down! Gynae isnt worried, but, even though I have been reassured that he is fine, I cant help wondering if it isnt hurting his poor little neck?! Baby B has moved and is now lying across my tummy. His head is on my left and basically has his brother's feet in his face.

I am getting very tired these days, and very emotional. Good grief, the emotions!! I cant stop crying! I know it is normal and something I just need to get through.

I just realised yesterday that if I make it to 36 weeks (Please Lord, let me get to at least 36 weeks)my boys will be born in the same month that my mom died. I like to believe that is a sign!

Here is my latest belly picture, taken today at 28 weeks and 4 days:

5 comments:

  1. Hi Evie!! You look wonderful!! I believe you will make it safely to 36 weeks. Just rest enough and start taking things a little bit slower. Remember you are carrying twice the amount of baby, placenta and amniotic fluid than singleton mommies and your babies are really precious. Love Mands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking beautiful!

    I can't believe you're at 28 weeks already - your pregnancy has flown.

    Who's your gynae?

    I saw you're going to Linkwood - I was considering but that price tag (it worked out to R4300 for the 3 nights) OVER AND ABOVE what Disc would pay freaked me out. I was glad in the end to go to Bedford since they were in NICU and we had to be there twice a day - literally a2-minute drive.

    I'd love you to post more about the stuff you were concerned about before - stairs at your home, car, pram, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much ladies!

    Leigh, my gynae is Dr. Rhemtula. He is amazing, and I wouldnt change him for the world! Yeah, tell me about the price tag :( I was only told about that at my last scan. If I had know earlier, I would never have looked for a gynae at that hospital. I just dont want to change gynae's now, as I really like mine, and he has handled a lot of multiple pregnancies. Not sure how I am going to pay it, but I am trusting in Lord above that things will work out. They just have to!

    My concerns are still the same, so no new news to post about regarding that. I have been given 2 car seats, which is a huge help - the pram that was offered to me initially was involved in an accident, so I am back to square one with that. But I will get there. I hope...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMW you look absolutely beautiful!!!! I cannot wait to see the boys!!! I am glad they are growing nicely!

    Good luck for the next 10 weeks Evie and hang in there. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Eve,
    You look stunning. That is one of the most beautifull pregnant bellies I have seen! And its TWINS, even more beautiful!!
    RE all the concerns, just place all your worries in Gods hands and he will sort them out, GUARANTEED!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete